Welcome - If this works out, then this will be a blog of positive thoughts, fun and inspiration. I welcome your input and invite you to share things you find inspirational. However I reserve the right to post only things that fall within the intent of the this blog.

May your day be filled with love, laughter and happiness.

If you would like to share something here then please email me at thehalffullglass (
at) amnet (dot) net (dot) au



Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Good New Story

One of my girlfriends has been out of work for about 8 months and has been looking hard for work. In one week alone she sent off 20+ applications. A lot of the time she hasn't even managed to get an interview and she was understandably getting disheartened and disillusioned.

She did a couple of months contract work with me, but I had no more money to keep her on contract, even though she did a fantastic job and was a joy to have working with our team.

We had discussed the fact that there was a job out there somewhere, it would come and find her, she just had to be patient.

Well - it found her yesterday - she didn't apply, she didn't even know it was on offer. It found her anyway. So if you are out there looking for work, keep positive and believe. I know it is easy for me to say, I am not in your shoes. But keep your confidence and self belief as I am sure you can be just a lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails