Welcome - If this works out, then this will be a blog of positive thoughts, fun and inspiration. I welcome your input and invite you to share things you find inspirational. However I reserve the right to post only things that fall within the intent of the this blog.

May your day be filled with love, laughter and happiness.

If you would like to share something here then please email me at thehalffullglass (
at) amnet (dot) net (dot) au



Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Focus

One of the blogs I follow - My Charming Kids - had a post by McMama about Focus - and I have borrowed from it as it rang true to me and I feel it is something I would like to share here. Among other things, McMama was talking about when her marriage was going through some tough times how her focus became on the faults of her husband, but how the following words inspired her to change her focus so that now by focusing on what is good, rather than what is bad, even though the bad things may still be there they don't dominate. I have paraphrased somewhat here and so If you would like to read all her post so that it is in her words not mine - here is the link

Her inspiration came from the most read book in the world, the Bible,

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things." Philippians 4:8

If we are honest with ourselves, I think we would agree that it is easy to focus on the negative things that happen in our lives and if we are not careful they then dominate. My philosophy of living the 'the half full glass' life is while I don't bury my head in the sand, that even on the hardest day - maybe a day of pain from my arthritis, or feeling sad when my hubby flies off to Adelaide yet again, I acknowledge that is how I am feeling, but once it is acknowledged then I put it behind and find the good in what else is to come or what else surrounds me.

So my challenge to you for this week is to take the time to find the good and to embrace and celebrate it. I hope you will accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails